Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bullying: Still Not Enough People Care

I have not written online for too long. I have let everyday things get in my way. There is no excuse for it. I have neglected something I am passionate about the same way society has neglected to protect our children from bullying situations. Although I have not been looking into any stats, I have been hearing about some situations lately. There seems to be more talk but noone seems to have any real answers. I believe if we all put our minds to it we can come up with some real solutions. Adults are going to have to take the time to bring about these changes. I am going to put some effort into researching this problem. I will be posting my findings and I hope to able to make a difference. There are few parents, who have suffered the loss of a child who have made some changes in the way the problems are handled as far as legislation is concerned. I decided to post this in order to make myself accountable. I feel as though I need to make a commitment, mostly because when I hear of these tragedies I cry.Children should never feel so helpless in a situation where there are supposed to be responsible adults around to protect them. We as a society have to let our children know they will be held accountable, for their actions. We need to protect our children.
Parents should not feel helpless when they are trying to protect their children. When a parent has done all they could possibly do to bring their concerns to school officials and they get no results, someone needs to be held responsible. I say no more dropping the ball. This is not game we are losing our children. There is no excuse, lets figure out a way to end this tragedy . NOW!!!!!!!